The WGE Annual Giving Campaign was started in the Fall of 2009 and coincides annually with the start of the new School Year each Fall.
What is the Annual Giving Campaign
And Why is it Necessary?
- Request for financial support of PTA Funded Classroom Enrichment Programs annually, not funded by the School/District.
- Enables Classroom Enrichment programs to continue for the following school (2013-2014) and provides cash flow flexibility.
- Provides opportunities to “sponsor” PTA Funded Programs for a student or group of students.
- Decreases fundraising risks and decreases the “pressure” to fundraise more later on.
Annual Giving Goals
- This past school year, approximately 11% of all WGE families were able to donate to the Annual Giving Campaign. Understandably, not all families will be able to donate and that is OK.
- A 10% increase in total Annual Giving, for example, would help fund classroom materials and fieldtrips for two classrooms, including the new Transitional Kindergarten Program starting in the Fall 2012.
- Our suggested Annual Giving Donation is $300 for the first child and $100 per each additional child. No contribution is too small.
As the 2012-2013 school year comes to a close, the Annual Giving Campaign resulted in over $38,000 in contributions from Individuals and Corporate Match. This is a 94% increase over last year! This increase helped fund the acquisition of new Apple Laptop Computers for a third mobile cart. Thank you all so much for your support! Have a safe and fun summer!
Read our FAQ below if you have any questions.
*You do not need to have a PayPal account to check out!
You can pay by Visa, Mastercard, Discover & Amex without using PayPal.
Just look for "Don't have a PayPal account? Use your credit card..." on the checkout page.
You can also use that link to use a credit card without PayPal even if you do have an account with them.
Thank you for your support!
How will the money be spent?
Through fundraising, coordinating, and/or otherwise volunteering, the WGE PTA supports/provides the following Educational and Enrichment Programs:
- Critical Classroom Enrichment Supplies & Fieldtrips- Classroom teacher stipends for desperately needed classroom supplies as well as fieldtrip funding
- Hands-On Science Labs- Scientists and Engineers from Schmahl Science conduct hands-on workshops in biology, chemistry, earth science, forensic science, mathematics and physics
- General Music- Pull out Music Instruction
- Technology Instruction- WGE and WGE PTA jointly funded computer lab instruction; WGE funds 8 hrs/week and WGE PTA funds 12hrs/week
- Physical Education- WGE School and WGE PTA jointly funded PE coach to organize classroom and recess PE activities provided from Playworks
- Band Scholarships- Before school band instruction, twice a week primarily grades 3-5
- Folkloric Dance Scholarships- After school Latin American folk dance instruction, twice a week primarily grades 3-5
- Visual Arts Staffed By Volunteers- Hands-on Art Supplies for art classes taught by volunteer docents, including ceramic pottery
- Library Support- New English & Spanish Books
- Other Educational Programs & Events Staffed By Volunteers- Science Fair and Family Fun Night, Project Cornerstone (monthly docent led anti-bullying program), Garden Projects, Math docents, and the year end Art Show
What is the suggested donation?
$300 for the 1st student and $100 for additional students attending Willow Glen Elementary.
Do I have to donate the suggested amount?
No. Any amount donated will be appreciated!
Is this to join to PTA?
No. PTA membership is $10 per member and is a separate payment. We encourage all families to become members of the PTA whether or not they contribute to the Annual Giving Campaign.
What do other local public school groups suggest as donations?
Simonds Music and Technology Foundation (SJUSD-Almaden) $300 per family. Annual Goal is to raise $200,000 to pay for two fulltime teachers for Computers and Music and one 4th and 5th grade choir teacher.
Fammatre Charter Elementary (Cambrian School District) $300 per child
Bagby Elementary (Cambrian School District) – Starting at $200 per family
Williams Elementary (SJUSD - Almaden) $350 (1child); $600 (2 children); $850 (3+ children)
Moreland Education Fund (Moreland School District)- $250 per child
Los Altos Education Foundation (Los Altos School District) - $1,000 per student
Los Gatos Education Foundation (Los Gatos Union School District) - $600 per child
Saratoga Education Foundation (Saratoga Union School District)- $800 per child
Can I make my donation in monthly installments?
Yes. Credit card payments can be divided into monthly and quarterly installments. We now take VISA, MC, AMEX and Discover.
Can I have input into how the money is used?
Yes! Please attend PTA meetings as we seek ways to support academic excellence at WGE.
Can I seek Corporate Matching from my Employer?
Yes! Please check this list to see if your employer is likely to match, and check directly with your employer on the requirements of Corporate Matching. Companies have different policies on whom and how they match their employees Charitable Giving. If you having questions and require assistance, please email Linda Garbarino at email@example.com.
Can I deduct my donation on my tax return?
Yes, in most cases but check with your Tax Advisor. The WGE PTA is a tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501 (c) (3). WGE PTA Tax I.D. #94-6174790
How do I donate?
To donate to Annual Giving online, go to http://www.wgepta.org/fundraising/giving/. Donations are accepted through Paypal. Annual Giving donation forms will be made available in the School office. Please look for the PTA One-Check Form which includes Annual Giving Donations.
REMEMBER: CHECK YOUR COMPANY FOR A DONOR MATCH PROGRAM. IT COULD DOUBLE YOUR MONEY!!!!